Sunday 19 February 2012

Shoestring needs your translation help!

Hey guys!

I'm hoping you can help me. I'm looking for people who are fluent in other languages who could translate 12 sentences for small-talk. This is for the Language Lessons section of the magazine.

So far, I have translations for German, French, Spanish and Swedish. All languages (even more obscure ones) are very welcome. If your language uses a different script, I would need the actual spelling (with the correct characters) and then a phonetic guide to pronouncing it all correctly.

The sentences are short and just along the lines of "Where is the station?" and "I booked a room for tonight" to help travellers ask their way around town. Knowing a bit of the local language can go a long way, and can determine how friendly and helpful the locals are towards you.

If you would like to help out, please send an email to editor@shoestring-magazine.com requesting the list of sentences for translation.

Thank you very much and Happy Travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment